Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Awarded by FTMSGlobal Academy
The Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management course awarded by FTMSGlobal Academy is designed to focus on latest trend in the hospitality industry which is booming in today’s world. It also helps students to understand the theory and techniques involved in hospitality and tourism management. Its aims are to provide students with a broad understanding of the operational aspects of the international hotel industry, and knowledge of the underlying principles involved.
- To have in-depth understanding of the nature of the hospitality industry from the management perspective
- Enable students to adapt and develop the practical skills required at managerial level for decision making, delegation, accountability etc
- To acquire up to date and specialised hospitality and tourism industry skills to the demands of the workplace
- To prepare students for entry into continuing higher education in the hospitality and tourism industry
9 months (Full-time / Part-time)
- January - March
- April - June
- July - September
- October - December
Successful completion or exemption from Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management awarded by FTMSGlobal Academy or equivalent.
When prior education is not in the English Language any one of the following is required:
- Professional Certificate of English - Intermediate awarded by FTMSGlobal Academy OR
- IELTS 5.5 to 6.5/ TOEFL (paper-based) > 500 or TOEFL (computer-based) > 173 OR
- Any other equivalent English qualifications
All exemptions are subject to academic board approval.
Classroom face-to-face lectures and tutorials.
Successful completion of all modules.
Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management by FTMSGlobal Academy.
Students who successfully complete the Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management can progress to any of the Bachelors Degree Programmes offered by FTMSGlobal Academy or any other equivalent qualifications.
- Food and Beverage Management
- Facilities and Maintenance Management
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Management
- Management Accounting
- Group Project
Course Module Synopses
|1||Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (excluding materials)||S$ 7,500|
*Fee is inclusive of prevailing GST & subject to exchange rate fluctuations.
FTMSGlobal reserves the right to amend published course fees without notice.
Scholarship will be given to those students who paid the full amount. Please contact our FTMS consultants for more information.
Internship (Industrial Attachment)**
Students have to demonstrate their 21th century skills and attributes, and are fully responsible for the successful completion of the course, for their success at the interview session and securing the internship. Students can secure internship in or outside Singapore. They should work at established hotels, restaurants, etc to gain valuable real-world experience that will be paramount to them becoming the next-generation of the hospitality industry’s elite. The student is responsible for the application for internship. FTMSGlobal will assist in the internship through mock interviews and arrange grooming and interview sessions for the individuals. Students who do not wish to do the On-Job-Training (OJT) or are unable to secure, will have to successfully complete a 3-months Research Group Project.
**Terms and conditions apply